Search

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Threshold Hanging

This one is an example of how I love to reuse/recycle unwanted stuff.

With the packaging material that was a part of a postal parcel, I made a threshold hanging. It has been hanging across the entrance of our kitchen for the past couple of months. V does not like it and says it looks very childish. May be he is right; but till now, I was not able make up my mind to take it down.

I made garlands out of the U-shaped foam peanuts... each with varying lengths...

... And attached them to a horizontal strip of colorful fabric...
I made roses out of pink satin ribbon...
 ... And attached them to the fabric strip...
But it has to be taken down... And soon, a more beautiful ornament will decorate the threshold... V must be really happy with this decision! :)

2 comments:

Donna said...

Arathi, you make me smile in wonderment. I love how your eye finds such a fresh approach to things. Nice!

Arathi Prakash said...

Thank you Donna! :)