Search

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Moon and Star Cushion cover

A couple of months ago, I made my first quilt block using foundation piecing method. I made a Sun block and a cushion cover with it. Read more about of it here.


That cushion was getting very lonely and so I made a Moon and star cushion using the same technique. Now my sun pillow has friends! ;)

I hunted online for moon and star patterns. Star pattern was easy one to get I used it and lo, got my star!

Now for the moon! It was a futile attempt to get an easy free moon pattern online! Then I thought how difficult can it be! (Of course it was difficult!) But I was determined to do it myself. And below is the pattern I came up with... It may not work for you; you may try at your own risk!

I added a border and some lace trim to frame the corners!

 I love the look! What say! :)

No comments: