Search

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Tandem - A Book Review

These days I have got back to my habit of reading. And I thought it would be nice to post a review of it here. The book is Tandem by Tracey Bateman.

This book is a sequel to a book named "Thirsty".

I got this book from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for review. Any book lover can register at their website and select books for review. The books are sent to our mailing address for free and we get to enjoy reading them. Then once we post the review of that book on their website, we can select the next book for review. This suits me well! :-)

Now coming back to Tandem...

This book is about a series of murders that happen in Abbey Hills. It is also the story of lives of several people living in Abbey Hills. There are a number of parallel threads in the storyline that makes this novel even more gripping.

Generally, I do not prefer reading vampire story, but this one is an exception. The narrative is not very gory or scary; yet there are some incidents in the novel that gave me goose-pimples. The twists and turns in the story kept me guessing the murderer whose details are not revealed until the end of the book.

The writing style is lucid and crisp with more emphasis on the narration rather than on describing the setting where the incidents take place. At the same time, the simple description of the locales give us a good idea about the landscape of Abbey Hills.

This book can be a good choice for entertaining us during long journeys/travel. And it can be good for people who like fast pace narratives, suspense and adventures.

I can't wait to read "Thirsty"! :-)

2 comments:

Donna said...

Reading is definitely one of life's pleasures. Do you know of Thrity Umrigar? I just finished her "The Space Between Us," a contemporary novel with a setting in Mumbai. I love that you are reviewing books!

Arathi Prakash said...

Reading is indeed bliss! :)

I will try getting "The Space Between Us" for my next read!