Search

Saturday, September 7, 2013

On cloud nine

One long phone call... and I am back to my childhood days... My mama is still my mama! 

His visit to Srikakulam when we cut cake, sang and danced for him...
"eh dil muskil jeena yahan..." recorded in his voice
Playing dashing-cars in Appu-garh... 
The deal to get an ice-cream only if we sang for him...
Buying me my first black-forest pastry...
Helping me understand Multi-threading during my MCA...
Telling me to be more close with Thatha during his last days...
We all singing Antakshari in Mehdipatnam home...
His "Laka Laka Laka Laka"...
He lifting me up during mala-maatral in my wedding...

All the loving gifts he showered upon us...
the gundu bommai... the 64 shade crayola crayons... the stencils and color sheets... the magnets and gyroscope... the heart-shaped silver earrings... 

His voice... His laughter... and the way he talked about places he had been... And I still can't believe the fact that I live in the same street as he did (long time ago!) 

I felt I lost my mama somewhere down the line... but now he is back... or may be he was always there... and I was the one who was absent!

One email and one call... All the years of silence melted away... and I do not remember the last time when we spoke for this long...

My incoherent sentences says everything... I am on cloud nine... I am so relieved... and so happy!

No comments: