Search

Friday, September 13, 2013

Appa in IIT

First things first... I am so proud to say my father gave a lecture in IIT Mumbai on rural community development.

I have not spoken much about my father or his contribution to rural development in Andhra Pradesh... But today is the day!

My father started working for an NGO (Non-government Organization) called ARTIC since 1980. Ever since then he has been working on the betterment of people in villages in Srikakulam Dist. He lives in a small village called Kotturu in Srikakulam Dist, A.P. near to tribal villages. He has spent his entire life trying to improve the living conditions of people like providing basic necessities such as water, sanitation, health, education, micro-financing etc. He gets funding from government or from other bigger NGOs.

More on his projects later... 

Let me now bask a little in his glory! :)



No comments: