Search

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Good Old Days - Orange Tree

These days, I love the walk from home to our grocery store. The reason being the Orange trees. They could be lemon trees too. But they bring so much joy to me. What fond memories they invoke in me!

One of my very first childhood memories is of running along a series of holes in the mud and putting one seed in each hole. I must have been 2 or 3 years old then. 

Later the saplings that grew from those seeds were transplanted and now it has grown into a huge Orange tree. Last time we went to Srikakulam, Amma pointed out the tree to me and reminded me of the first tree I planted! 

Around the time of my wedding, it had borne a basketful of oranges too! I see a connection there, do you? :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

nice blog.

http://andhratemple.blogspot.com/

Arathi Prakash said...

Thank you Krishna!