Search

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Cutting mat

I did not know that a cutting mat could make my sewing life so easy! 

I have been working on a "trip around the world" quilt. Half way through cutting the strips using scissors or rotary cutter on my vegetable cutting board, I ended up with painful fingers and an aching neck. That was when I decided to buy a self-healing cutting mat. 

Now my life is so much easier. Something that took me a whole afternoon to cut, takes me less than 2 hours with my new mat.

Three cheers to my new mat! :)

1 comment:

Donna said...

Oh Arathi, there's going to be no stopping you now. A rotary cutter? a mat? Next thing you'll have several sizes of rulers! I love that you're making a Trip Around the World. I'm about to start a baby Trip Around the World quilt, using 3.5" strips!