Search

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Knock! Knock!

A knock at the door... at the wrong time. 

Who is it? 
A man with a scribbling pad. 

What does he need? 
Some information for a survey. 

The Q & A begins:

"Are you from India?"
"Yes."

"Which part?"
"Hyderabad."

After asking N number of questions about where we are from, what we were doing, our interests in sports and exercises, he asks me if  I am interested in Acupressure and Massage. I say, "No" He asks me if my husband is at home. I shake my head yet again. He asks me if I would like to try a 5-minute demo of their Acupressure massage. I politely decline. Then he starts a lecture on how it can help my neck and back. I try to cut in and say I am not interested. Then he says he wants to get into the house to give a massage to me. A five minute one!

What nerve? He is also an Indian. In which case he should very well know that the Indian women do not prefer strange male hands on their necks... And trying to get into the house when husband is not around? Oh my God! I wish I had chain lock at the door!!!

2 comments:

slate said...

scary..where was this? and how dare he?

Arathi Prakash said...

This was at home (Fremont,US)! Was really scary! Never had any problem like this!