Search

Saturday, May 26, 2007

The endless wait

A long queue of your closed ones,
Waiting for you to give them some time...

With some, you talk over phone,
While I get a user-busy tone...

With some, you keep sending SMSs
While I wait for ONE reply to my endless messages...

With some, you take some time out for mailing
While I long to see your name in my inbox...

With some, you have your dinner and luncheon,
While I starve for your attention...

With some, you talk pleasantly,
While I get always wounded by your harsh words...

Will you ever see my tear-stricken face?
Will you ever hear the longing in my voice?
Will you ever feel my pain?
Why are you doing this to me?

You say, I am closest to you;
Yet, I am the one who is hurt the most!
What an irony!

I just want you to know
That I am still waiting for my turn
At the end
Of the queue of your friends,
Let's see what comes first,
My turn or my end!

No comments: